Eyes on the Prize guys, it’s the end of the year and scary as it seems it is true, December is a stone's throw away. It’s been a special kind of year this year, and by special I mean, crazy stressful, pushing everyone to the brink of madness.
What should and can you be doing to deal with this, and how do you protect your family from the negative effects of Stress.
It is astounding the health implications stress has on our bodies. To give a brief history of why and how our bodies deal with stress. If we go back to caveman style, when we were in physical danger our bodies went into fight or flight mode. Adrenaline and cortisol are released into the blood in order for us to have extra strength more alertness amongst other survival mechanisms. But then we switch off in a state of calm and go back to normal.
The problem in the modern lifestyle is that under constant stress we constantly have cortisol pumping though our veins and this causes a multitude of problems. Read this article about why cortisol is public enemy no.1 The article gives a number of lifestyle changes to implement, like socialising and laughing. Here are some supplements which can protect the heart and brain from the effects of a stressful lifestyle:
- Advanced Brain Food - PATRICK HOLFORD ADVANCED BRAIN FOOD® contains B vitamins, amino acids and phospholipids to provide essential nutrients to the brain.
- Acetyl-L-Caritine - It catalyses the conversion of energy sources into usable energy, essential to keep cells alive. ALC is particularly important for energising and protecting the heart and brain. ALC is useful for helping to prevent age-related memory decline. ALC may also enhance athletic performance and prevent fatigue states by facilitating energy supply.
- Quercetin - A flavonoid extracted from fruit. It supports healthy immune function and has anti-allergy and antiviral effects. Quercetin also reduces the risk of death from coronary artery disease.
- Stress Damage Control - Stress Damage Control protects the heart and brain from stress damage and improves stress coping ability. Stress stimulates the formation of adrenaline and a heart toxin called c reactive protein. These damage the heart, cause arrhythmia's, high blood pressure and increase the risk of heart attack by up to 600%.
- Bio Calmlite - CalmLite contains Relora and Theanine for anti-anxiety and calming effects and reducing stress-related eating.
- Burnout - Long term stress may exhaust the adrenal glands which the body relies on to manufacture the stress-coping and anti-fatigue hormone, cortisol. Burnout is indicated for people who are suffering from exhaustion bought on by long-term exposure to stress, and works by nourishing the adrenal glands and supporting healthy blood sugar metabolism. Adaptogenic herbs and other nutrients support the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis, the part of the neuroendocrine system that manages the stress response.
- Collagen ProActive - Pro-Active Collagen is a unique dietary supplement of a premium Hydrolyzed Collagen (Type ll), enriched with Magnesium and Vitamin B Complex that promote its beneficial properties. Amongst other benefits Collagen ProActive contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and Promotes a normal function of the cardiovascular and nervous system.